KMG Engineering hosted a training on “Lean Manufacturing”
- Comments Off on KMG Engineering hosted a training on “Lean Manufacturing”
The event was organized at the Branch of KazNIPImunaigas within the framework of the “Professional Master” module for training workover and workover foremen of LLP “Oil Services Company” CODR (Center for Organizational Development and Regulation).
CODR experts Maktay Didar and Maksat Kadralin conducted training for the employees on Lean Manufacturing technology.
As part of the course, participants gained a general understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools to effectively reduce waste, increase productivity, and increase the speed and quality of service delivery. They were presented with the demand for Lean technology and the achievements of companies that use it.
In addition, those present participants had the opportunity to appreciate the importance of the work of a foreman in the company, as the main link in the value stream in production. The use of Lean technologies by foremen will allow you to get high results due to the efficient use of resources.
In the practical part of the training, the participants chose processes from their immediate activities in order to carry them through the phases of the DMAIC methodology:
- carried out a mapping of processes and identified problem areas;
- identified, classified and described problems using the 5W2H method;
- diagnosed and structured problems to find root causes using the Ishikawa diagram, the “5 why?” and other tools;
- analyzed the root causes of problems using a Pareto chart;
- used Lean tools to solve problems (standardized work, organization of workplaces according to the “5C” system, protection from errors – Poka-yoke, etc.);
- developed measures to prevent the recurrence of the cause of problems.
For their part, the participants, exchanging views on the training, gave a positive assessment of the training process, emphasizing that it was conducted in the Kazakh language, and also abounded with a large number of illustrative examples regarding the use of lean manufacturing tools directly in the company, which allowed them to dive deeper into the topic.
Analyzing the results of the training, experts are confident that such events actually increase the efficiency and productivity of labor, allowing to organize work to optimize and improve processes using Lean technology, which, in turn, increases the competitiveness of the employing company.