Workshop for KMGE School students
A series of training events by KMGE internal trainers in the format of full-time workshops was launched as part of the cooperation between KMG Engineering LLP and K.I. Satpayev KazNITU, as well as to share professional knowledge and increase the level of technical competencies of KMGE School Program students.
Zhandos Sharipov, Head of Additional Prospecting Service of KMGE Exploration Department, presented the topic on “Evaluation of Exploration Prospects on the Basis of Complex Analysis of Geological and Geophysical Data”.
About 50 students of the 3rd-4th year of “Oil and Gas Business” major and KMGE School students took part in the workshop.
KMGE internal trainer covered the processes of feasibility study projects with a focus on the geological component and a review of the items:
- The need for inorganic growth of KMG Resource Base
- Structure and contents of the feasibility study report
- Analysis, systematization, rejection of geological and geophysical data
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of GIS data
- Structural and dynamic analysis of seismic data
- Estimation of hydrocarbon resources and reserves
- Development, drilling, arrangement, economics
|Practical exercises and questions from the trainer supplemented the learned information. Students’ motivation for “here and now” professional development was given special consideration. The positive feedback, as well as the discussion of topics related to promising directions and specialties in the oil field, the required competencies for employment at KMGE, modern software products, open sources with original geological and geophysical data, demonstrated the students’ interest.|