How to increase the efficiency of hydraulic fracturing in mature fields in Kazakhstan
- News-En, News-Eng
- Comments Off on How to increase the efficiency of hydraulic fracturing in mature fields in Kazakhstan
December 14, 2023 KMG Engineering holds a round table on the topic: “Increasing the efficiency of hydraulic fracturing in mature fields.”
The event will be held in online and offline formats, on the basis of the KazNIPImunaygas Branch (Aktau city, Republic of Kazakhstan).
– With the increase in the expansion of the use of hydraulic fracturing technology in the fields of JSC NC KazMunayGas, the number of inefficient hydraulic fracturing is also increasing, especially in fields at a late stage of development, which is due to many factors, including errors in the design of operations, issues of controlling the fracture geometry, the use of necessary technologies, etc., – the representatives of the organizing committee emphasize events.
The main purpose of the round table is the exchange of experience, the search and applicability of effective hydraulic fracturing technologies and the reduction of negative factors:
- Uncontrolled fracture breakthrough into water-bearing formations due to the limitations of hydraulic fracturing technologies;
- Planning and conducting hydraulic fracturing using 1D geomechanics;
- Hydraulic fracturing on carbonate reservoirs in the natural development mode.