One of the multifunctional laboratories of KMG Engineering is the laboratory of hydrochemistry. The main tasks and services provided by the laboratory:
- Physical properties of water
- Quantitative chemical analysis of water and salt deposits.
- Determination of the content of gases dissolved in water (O2, CO2, H2S).
- Determination of the content of mechanical impurities and petroleum products in water.
- Studies to determine the compatibility of injected water with reservoir water.
- Studies to determine the compatibility of chemical reagents with reservoir and wastewater.
The laboratory is equipped with modern equipment:
1. The Dionex ICS-5000 ion chromatograph from Thermo Scientific (USA) is designed to determine the content of: Mg2+, Ca2+, Na+, K+, Li+, NH4+, Cl -, SO42 -, PO43 -, F -, Br -, NO3 -, NO2 – in water.
2. The Spectra 240FS Atomic Absorption Spectrometer from Agilent Technologies (USA) is designed to measure the content of heavy metals in water and solid sediment samples.