The construction of a 3D geological model of deposits is a combination of all available geological, geophysical and field data, which allows you to identify promising and non-mining areas in mature fields, in order to increase the drilling efficiency, select the points of laying of producing and evaluation wells, geological models are the basis for hydrodynamic models.
The main stages of building 3D geological models are:
- Analysis of available geological and geophysical materials;
- Borehole correlation and sequence stratigraphy;
- Building a structural framework;
- Lithological / facies modeling;
- Petrophysical Modeling (FES);
- Calculation of hydrocarbon reserves by the volume method;
- Uncertainty analysis;
Qualified specialists of KMG build 3D geological models of deposits, applying innovative approaches to modeling, which are selected individually for each field.
At the moment, KMGI has extensive experience in constructing complex 3D geological models, such as: facies models of deposits, models of double porosity and permeability (Dual Poro, Dual Permeability) for carbonate deposits.